Date: 28 May, 2022.
Time: 10am for a 10.20am start. The walk will take approximately 2 hours and will proceed ‘rain, hail or shine’.
A donation of $5 per person will be gratefully accepted.
Meet at Weekley Park, Stanmore on the grassy corner near St. Michael’s School, Percival Road.
The walk will finish at the pedestrian bridge over Stanmore Road between Newington College and Holt Street.
The tour includes:
- Weekley Park
- Esther Abrahams and the Johnston Family
- The State Bakery on Percival Road
- Revolutionary teacher Dame Mary Gilmore at Stanmore Public School
- ‘The Lodge’ in Cambridge Street
- The high society of the Cambridge Street area residents
- The mansions of Gordon Crescent (standing and demolished) and more!